Goa or bust!

Well I am Home from Goa and all I have to say is “wow I’m tanned!”. I had a really great time and I enjoyed traveling by myself and knowing that once you have traveled in India alone your can travel anywhere!
My trip started off with yet another train ride and then a taxi ride to the most northern beach of the state of Goa. This little town of Arambol was so beautiful, quiet and peaceful that I wish I had spent the whole week there. Arambol was a backpacker place with many young travelers like me. Most of these backpacker types have been traveling for months and even years and are often on a spiritual quest and have come to India to meditate and practice yoga. I guess you could call them “hippies” but they were just born in the wrong decade. The good thing about these types of people is that they are very warm and welcoming to new comers like me. In fact I met a really nice Dutch girl with who I went to the market with and shared a room for cheaper costs.



So in Arambol, I sat on the beach and did some serious tanning for 2 days as well as did some great shopping for jewelry and clothes. However I decided to head south to another beach town called Anjuna for the Wednesday weekly market. This is a huge market that people from all over Goa come to each Wednesday to see. It was originally a market formed by hippy’s who needed to sell there belongings to make money in order to go home or travel more. However the government shut the market down for a number of years as it was thought to be a front for drugs. However over the past five years it has been re-opened and vendors from all over India and the odd western Hippy selling handicrafts, jewelry, food, cloths and many more knick knacks!


After being in Anjuna for just a day, I decided to keep beach hopping and I headed further south to Candolim beach where I spent 4 days working even harder on my tan. I stayed in a great little guest house, had breakfast in the garden, spent all day on the beach, read lots of books, listen to music and had dinner in great little restaurants with the freshest seafood ever.


Now that I am back in Bangalore I am trying to maintain my tan. I hope it last for when I get back to Canada!!
Here are just a few pictures of my time in Goa, but when you are traveling by yourself it harder to take a lot of pictures.
Bye for now, see you all in a little under a one month.
JESSE

<< Home